Job Title: Scientist I/II
Scientific Fields: Cell & Molecular Biology, Anti-Aging Research
Full-Time: March 1, 2022
Reports To: Associate Director of R&D
Ponce Therapeutics (Ponce) is currently recruiting a smart, collegiate, and motivated PhD Scientist I/II to become a key member of the Company’s R&D team. Ponce is developing a state-of-the-art biotechnology platform to restore the youthful balance of aged (or “senescent”) and young cells in the skin, targeting the senescent cells for elimination. This provides a “reboot” of one’s genetic program to turn back the clock on one’s skin to its youthful exuberance. We are also pursuing a number of aging-associated, gene-based skin disorders.
The Scientist I/II will have a critical role in the day-to-day work and atmosphere in the lab at the recently launched K2-BioLabs (K2) in Houston. A successful candidate is expected to have a good understanding of cell culture and molecular biology techniques. Prior experience in DNA subcloning, cell transfection strategies, flow cytometry, lyophilization, and nanoparticle research is highly desirable. The successful candidate will be expected to help lead, organize, and conduct research projects developed in conjunction with Ponce’s senior scientific staff and leadership team. They should be able to discuss and present their findings in a professional manner with other personnel. A successful Scientist I/II is expected to contribute scientific ideas to the R&D group by keeping up-to-date with the latest advances in the anti-aging space, and other areas related to Ponce’s interests.
Specific Job Duties
- Constructing and evaluating non-viral vectors for genetic modification of skin cells.
- Culturing and analyzing various skin cell types
- Development/conception of cell-based assays to assess functional characteristics of gene-modified cells.
- Development of in vitro models to assess anti-senescence specificity of gene medicines and deliver platforms.
- Design and development of animal models of our anti-senolytic therapies to evaluate efficacy and safety of gene transfer.
- Preparing technical reports summarizing experimental results and presenting results to peers in small groups or videoconference settings.
- Doctoral Degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Genetics, or related fields with a solid foundation in Cellular Biology. Competence in Molecular Biology.
- At least 2 years of relevant industrial or academic experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture (particularly 1° cells) and use of non-viral and/or viral vectors to introduce genetic material into cells.
- Experience with cell-killing assays, including flow cytometry (and associated analysis software) and cell functional assays.
- Experience working with animal models of disease.
- Experience with nanoparticles is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team with proven ability to effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines.
Ponce Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. To apply please contact: [email protected]